Department of Defense says that Trump’s military parade will be postponed to at least 2019.

By | 2018-08-18T04:38:11+00:00 August 17th, 2018|Categories: Front Page, News|Tags: , , , , |8 Comments

Maybe they think if they push it back far enough he will be impeached and they can avoid the whole stupid mess. 

Courtesy of CNN:

The Department of Defense says the military parade originally scheduled for Veterans Day will be postponed.

“The Department of Defense and White House have been planning a parade to honor America’s military veterans and commemorate the centennial of World War I,” Defense Department spokesman Col. Rob Manning said in a statement Thursday. “We originally targeted November 10m 2018  for this event but have now agreed to explore opportunities in 2019.”

The parade was scheduled for the day before the 100th anniversary of the armistice that ended the First World War. French President Emmanuel Macron is holding a gathering of world leaders in Paris on November 11 to celebrate the anniversary.

President Donald Trump said in February that a military parade in Washington would be “great for the spirit of the country,” but that it would need to come at a “reasonable cost.” The President said he was inspired by the Bastille Day parade in France, which he described as “quite something” after attending in 2017.

CNN previously reported that the parade would focus on celebrating veterans and involve US troops in period uniforms as well as US military aircraft but no heavy vehicles like tanks in order to prevent damage to infrastructure.

An administration official told CNN the $92 million figure for the US military parade, which was first reported by CNBC, was a planning estimate for an event that would meet President Donald Trump’s intent. About half that amount would have been for non-military costs like security.

I find it kind of awesome that Trump’s attempt to show up France with a bigger parade of his own, is shot down as a reminder that he is not the king of America. 

And of course, in response to this disappointing news, Trump is going on the attack.

I hate to break it to Tangerine Hitler but the only way for the cost to come “way down” is to cancel it altogether. 

About the Author:

This blog is dedicated to finding the truth, exposing the lies, and holding our politicians and leaders accountable when they fall far short of the promises that they have made to both my fellow Alaskans and the American people.

8 Comments

  1. Beaglemom August 17, 2018 at 1:00 pm

    I hope the Defense Department keeps putting off this ridiculous waste of taxpayer money until a sane president is elected.

  2. anon August 17, 2018 at 3:53 pm

    “If he’s not the leader of the free world,” he said, “there isn’t a leader of the free world,”

    “He’s a sort of junior player in a bloc of authoritarian countries,”

    https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/msnbc-panelist-pounds-trump-junior-player-authoritarian-bloc-russia-phillipines/

  3. anon August 17, 2018 at 3:55 pm

    BLACK-WATER!

    https://www.politicususa.com/2018/08/17/trump-turns-corruption-toward-war-as-he-seeks-to-privatize-us-troops-in-afghanistan.html

    T”rump is increasingly fond of an idea from Eric Prince to replace the US troops in Afghanistan with a private for-profit military.”

    • Anonymous August 17, 2018 at 4:57 pm

      hasn’t his BFF putin explained to trump the war in Afghanistan is another Viet Nam? Not winnable

      If not, then trump should consider dumping his buddy.

      I am sure trump like the idea of his own private army, he probable has stock in the company.

  4. Anonymous August 17, 2018 at 4:38 pm

    As usual he is trying to take credit for something he didn’t do and blame others for his stupid idea.

    Hopefully he will be dealing with impeachment hearing in 2019 and won’t have time for a parade.

  5. Anonymous August 17, 2018 at 5:12 pm
    • ANON August 17, 2018 at 6:32 pm

      PAWADE!

  6. Anonymous August 17, 2018 at 5:13 pm

Comments are closed.